Monday, October 17, 2005

Ticking Away the Moments...

How Time Flies
By Trina L.C. Schiller



I wonder if time moves more swiftly as we age. It sure seems that to me these days.

I am not preoccupied with the amount of time I've spent on this planet, as some people do as they approach 40. I don't have a problem with telling others my age either. ( I am 39.) Truthfully, I don't really think too much about age, or the progression of time; however...

Lately it has been on my mind quite a bit.

For instance, my oldest son will be 16 next week; my youngest will be 8 next month. I am going on my ninth year, living in Colorado and my mother has lived with me for the last three years. And... it seems like 2006 should not be so near. Where did the summer go?

They say that, "Time flies when you're having fun..." so, I must've had a blast this summer! I barely remember it.

I've also been thinking about where my business is heading, and whether or not I need to work on my time management.

** Have I met my goals thus far?
** Did I DO EVERYTHING I could?
** What could I have done more of?
** What should I have done less of?
** What new goals should I set?
** Who can I help?
** What am I willing to give to get what I want?

Are you where you wanted to be at this point in time? Are you making as much money as you had wanted? Are you spending as much time with your family as you had planned? Have you taken that vacation that you so desperately need?

I bet the answer to most, if not all, of those questions would inspire a resounding NO. Come on... Be honest.

Don't feel bad. Don't beat yourself up. You are not alone.

Lift your chin up and focus!

What are your goals?
Are they realistic?
How important are they to you?
What makes them important to you?
What do you need to do to get there?
How much time are you going to commit?

You may not be where you want to be today, but there is no reason why you can't get there tomorrow.

Visualize what you want.
Put it right out in front of you.
Now walk straight toward it!


Don't waste time on the unimportant; stay the course. When you've gone the distance, you'll have what you want.

Copyright © 2005
The Trii-Zine Ezine
www.ezines1.com



No comments: